Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Our Family Purpose Statement

So grateful to have found the book 'Organized Simplicity' by Tsh Oxenreider (another mama blogger) . Not only did it inspire Nate and I to sell things we no longer use or find beautiful, but it gave us the idea of a family purpose statement. The idea is to create a mission statement of sorts as an alignment guide for family decisions. It was fun to sit down with Nate and really think about what is truly important to us as people, parents, and members of the world. So here it is:

We, The Donnis Family, believe our purpose as a family is to Live in Harmony with Nature and to Nourish the Creative Spirit. We will do this by:
  • Living Simply ~ leaving space for creative play
  • Recognizing Life as Creative Unfoldment
  • Creating a Supportive Nest of Love, Close to Nature, as our Home
  • Loving One Another Deeply and Wholly
  • Making Clean, Healthy Choices for our Body.Mind.Spirit
  • Spending Time in Nature
  • Cultivating Authentic Relationships with Others
  • Allowing Space for One Another to Explore Personal Creativity
Well there it is. It sounds so beautiful and inspiring to me. I hope that it inspires you and encourages you to sit down and jot down a few ideas : )

6 comments:

  1. Corey and Nate this beautiful and amazing. We can all learn from your authenticity. I look forward to learning from you. I shared your blog on my twitter: @CynthiaHull My friends Corey & Nate have made a beautiful purpose for their family Three Happy Birds: Our Family Purpose Statement http://bit.ly/qVHkhr

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this idea Corey... thanks for sharing. I'm very inspired now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindy! You are so supportive always. I don't know anything about Twitter...you're so advanced! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Julia! We should figure out how to exchange links! Love you, EarthMama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes a village and I am happy to be a part of this village. I love you Corey, Nate, and Z! I can't wait to pretend Mama my niece Mila and have a play date soon.

    Hugs and lots of love,

    Chan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Channy Chan! I love you and appreciate your creative ways. You are fab ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please share your thoughts, ideas, inspirations, stories, questions, etc..