Let me be clear, I am not a hippie, a crunchy, a granola or whatever labels get placed on those who choose a more 'natural' lifestyle. I enjoy a little luxury in my life. I want to be healthy and happy, this is my goal.
Currently we have an income that leaves us comfortable... some months are better than others. But, here's what we have plenty of... Time. We are together a lot. This affords us plenty of space for moments of true enjoyment. To be honest, it took me awhile to become comfortable with such an easy life. I still felt the need to 'go fast'. It's funny how you can get so used to stress that you begin to feel uncomfortable without it.
Now, I find myself practicing letting go with all my might. It feels good, really good. How much can I relax into being? This has helped me realign myself with the best of intentions for my life. It helps me stay focused on mothering my daughter with intuition and grace. Nate describes my mothering as "a warm embrace that flows instead of holds", such a sweet description!
When mothering challenges me it usually means I'm out of alignment and stuck in the doingness of life. I'm wanting personal freedom to be selfish and do what I want. When I'm in this space everyone around me reflects that same feeling. Zosia becomes needy and whiny, and Nate becomes irritated and frustrated.
Here are 5 Ways I Bring Back My Mothering Mojo ~
1. Ask For Help: When I'm lost in the momentum of life and carried way off balance, I get desperate. A sudden urge comes over me and begs for instant gratification of alone time. Nate will see this frantic look on my face and I will demand a 'tap in' exchange of parenting. When Nate's not available, I will ask my own mother. Thankful I have such loving helpers!
2. Nourish Myself: Eating well is a must! When my nutrition suffers, my brain suffers. When my brain suffers, my family suffers. It all starts with a healthy gut. Keeping my intestinal wellbeing intact is vital to receiving the nourishment I need to keep on keepin on.
3. Nurture Myself: When I do have alone time, it's important that I nurture my soul, femininity, and love. I live for hot baths! Facials, massage, and acupuncture are part of my personal wellness routine. Date nights and Girls Night Out also fall under this category!
4. Get Organized: I have learned the value of routine and discipline. Having a generalized schedule for my week has made things so much easier. I can map out my 'me time', so I can skip dramatic moments of desperation.
5. Simplify: This to me is key to a happy life. Life is easy if you allow it to be. I'm learning to choose wisely what I bring into my life and into my family's life. It's so empowering to be selective, only choosing that which we find beautiful, enriching, or nourishing!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you! Please share your thoughts, ideas, inspirations, stories, questions, etc..