I am a sensitive person. I don't mean overly emotional (although I've had my moments), but I mean I have high sense perception. I feel the situation from the inside out. Colors, moods, emotions, sound, quality... this is the stuff I rest in. Subtle shifts are monumental in my mind.
In order to avoid this sometimes painful sensitivity, I had become hard... armored with steely intellectual sword and shield. I would judge, avoid, blame, manipulate...all disguised protection. My heart would rebel with dramatic outbursts. Leaving me confused and stuck in personal purgatory. I unconsciously struggled with the dichotomy of living in the head and living in the heart.
Now I am aware of what it means to live without shell. My insides served out, juicy with liquid butter. Oh yes, it is a tender heart....even more sensitive now that I consciously choose to be open. My mistakes are giant to me and leave my heart bruised and achy. But, I would not have it any other way. To be truly happy is to look deeply at life, find truth.... and love it fearlessly.
![]() |
| via |

i'm the same, sensitive. i never put an armour around myself. libran need to connect i suppose lol. got hurt waaaay too many times.
ReplyDeletebut i have learnt to take care of myself better. i rather not say 'protect', but to understand especially sensitive times and to rest and balance and go inward as necessary.
I've recently read a great book that's helping me navigate my waters more gently... 'The Intuitive Body' by Wendy Palmer. Maybe you'd find it interesting as well. Mmmm... balance.
ReplyDelete